Last month was my birthday...the dreaded "40", yes I am really "40" although some of you that didn't know would probably think that I am older and such with my wrinkles and bags that I am constantly trying to chase away...anyway I was feeling a little "old" and wanting to forget that I was even having a birthday, when Deron came and whisked me away for the day on a surprise picnic to Moon Lake. I had never been to Moon lake, at least that my poor "old" brain could remember, but we had a blast. We ate Subway sandwiches and then hiked up a trail along the side of the lake. We hiked for awhile enjoying the gorgeous view until we discovered we were being followed...YES really, we were being followed by this pack of bugs that would attack us at the very thought of us stopping to rest. They would fly down and get tangled in my hair and I hate things in my hair. Anyway... so we quickly made our way back down to the bridge where we began our journey. We took pictures and just relaxed. It was so fun and so pretty. That night Deron and the kids took me to dinner at the Hollow Moon where I ate like a starving "40" year old and enjoyed every minute of it. We all had a great time, laughed and enjoyed the dinner that we didn't have to cook. Afterwards, we came home to a New York Cheese cake that we had bought earlier, with so many calories it could kill a person, and I ate a piece...I know, regrets, regrets, but you only turn 40 once and your life is half over by then anyway so why not eat up...right? Anyway, it was a super fun day and helped me get through my feelings of "being over the hill".
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
The dreaded Birthday!!

at
1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Hi there!!... I actually didn't know that your birthday was last month or that you were turning 40... I guess I should have since Chad turned 39 last month (he's already dreading next years b-day). You look GREAT and I thought you were my age...oh I'm almost there too... stink...lol...
Looks and sounds like you had a great Birthday, and just remember your only as old as you make yourself and since your living life right, and your happy who cares about a number right!!... We'll always be 20 but wiser b/c of our experiences :)
Post a Comment