Saturday, September 20, 2008

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!"

Many people wonder what I was thinking when I had 6 children. (Now, six children and 2 children-in-laws, which I love just like my own children.) I feel very blessed to have such wonderful children. I didn't say they were perfect, but they are all my kids and I love them dearly. And I feel blessed to be their mother. I love spending time with each of them. We have had great moments in our lives, some as a family, some just one-on-one times. But no matter what the occasion, I cherish them all. I love spending time with my kids whether we are playing games, eating dinner, working, or having heart to hearts. They are the best moments in my life. Today I had another chance to spend time with 2 of my daughters. Deron and Cameron went to the BYU football game again, and that left me, Kim and Halle home alone...we had 2 choices to make, to do the Saturday chores, or to not do the Saturday chores. After we got the most urgent things done, we decided to take the remainder of the day off and go to Vernal. We had nothing really to do over there, but we didn't want to spend the day working...again. So we cleaned ourselves up and out we went. I realized something profound today, that I think I have always known, but it hit me hard for some reason today. "Its not the destination that we necessarily enjoy in life, its the journey that makes the destination great!" (Yes, are you shocked? I do think deeply once in awhile!) As we traveled to and from Vernal we laughed, we talked, we listened and we spent quality time together as mom and daughters. I enjoy the journey with my kids. I love those times when we can just laugh, talk and be ourselves with each other. I enjoy the moments that we forget about the world, the work, the worries and take time for each other.  My family is the world to me and I am so glad that I get to take this journey with them. I have made many a mistakes along the way, but they make this life worth moving forward and taking time out to "smell the roses" and forget about the drudgeries of life~ long enough to laugh a little, smile a little and enjoy the very moment that I am in! 

1 comments:

suelyn w said...

I love that you have such a close relationship with your kids. I'd love it if Macey would want to spend a day with me when she's 16! (seriously)