Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only a page"












Life is a highway...and we traveled it all Saturday long!!

We went up to Mirror Lake. By the way of.."over the river and through the woods". We started by traveling up through Tabiona and up over Wolf Creek. We went up over Soapstone Basin, which is a very dusty, bumpy, unpaved road, but beautiful none the less. It was so pretty. We stopped at several places along the way up and on the way back down. We finally arrived at the lake and had a picnic, city slicker style, with Subway Sandwiches and chips, packaged cookies and grapes. After being up there for about 5 minutes we thought that we should have brought stuff for hotdogs because everyone else's smelled so yummy. After we ate we walked clear around the lake. It isn't a giant lake but I bet it was close to a 2 mile walk. It wasn't steep or rough, most of it was on a wooden walkway so it was just a nice stroll. I couldn't believe how pretty it was. I took alot of scenery pictures because it just took my breath away. And yes, I know that a picture won't do it justice, but I will have the pictures to remind of how gorgeous it really was, especially when the earth is covered in that ugly white stuff. I had been to Mirror Lake a few times as a very small child but I don't have any memory of it, but I have seen pictures that prove that I really was there. On the way home we stopped at a look out on top of Bald Mountain. Cameron sat on the very edge of the cliff just so I could sweat a little and beg him to come back up. The Halle decided that she would be brave and sit there too. But the place she sat, had another big edge just below her, so it didn't scare me as bad. Then we stopped at a place called Provo River Falls (anyone been there?) Wow, I am sure that when the run off comes down that in the spring, it is a sight to see. We pretty much just took the day and wondered around as we came down the mountain. I am a witness...the leaves are changing colors. There are some that have even fallen to the ground and have left the tree naked. The colors are beautiful. We ended our day by eating at Canton City in Heber, yes we really know how to picnic. That way there were no dishes and no preparation in the food for the day. It was a great day. All 3 of the kids that are home with us were there, which was a first for our summer picnics. I loved it! 

1 comments:

Jack and Daynalee said...

I'm so jealous you guys do fun things without us there! It looks so pretty and sounds like you guys had so much fun!