Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat..smell my feet


It's Halloween and the little ghosts and goblins are out haunting the town...and knocking at my door. This is our last year having a trick or treat-er go out. We have always told our children that after they are 12, they are too old to go. Teenagers have others things they should be doing, like answering the door for the little folks, or having parties...but not trick or treating. I made a special dinner with "Skeleton Fingers", "Monkey Brains" and "Stomach Inners" and to top it off we had "Witches Hats," that I created from bugles, a little frosting and a cookie, for dessert.It was great. Different because it was just Deron, Halle and I for dinner..but we take what we can get. This year Halle wanted to go trick-or- treating with her friends. She has been so excited all week. Its been a little different for Deron and I, we have never been home alone on Halloween and to top it off, we have never NOT gone trick-or-treating until this year. Its actually been kind of nice! Halle got all dressed up and answered the door most of the time, until her friends came and out they scampered to haunt the neighborhood with the rest of the little people. Todd and Dana threw a big Halloween party at their house for their friends and siblings (the older ones) and so Kim and Cameron went off to that. They bobbed for apples, ate doughnuts on a string, made pizza, played games and watched a scary movie. They had a fantastic time. Ahh....to be a kid again. Deron and I both had a quiet night, alone, at home. I stayed upstairs and watched "Hocus Pocus", my all time favorite Halloween show, while I answered the door for all the trick or treat-ers (after Halle left) and Deron spent his time downstairs watching TV while he put up his feet and enjoyed a relaxing Halloween night. Ahh...to be a man. (just kidding). Now that Halloween is over,  we can get on to the fun holiday's. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a great night!!... remember they say change is good :)

Jack and Daynalee said...

Oh my gosh the kids look SO cute. Kim looks so old. It makes me feel alot older than my sexy 22. It sounds like you guys had a really good night though. Yay for good Halloweens.

suelyn w said...

I'm loving the costumes, the condiments look familiar! I miss your halloween parties though, I think those were the most fun, maybe one is in the forecast for next year??!!

Anonymous said...

wow! halle did look like a grandma lol that is so silly!!! i'm glad you all had a fun halloween!!!!