Saturday, December 27, 2008

My FaMily TriBute



This year for the "Weight Family Christmas Party" we all got together over in Roosevelt at the North Eastern Counseling Center. With all of my siblings and their families, my step-siblings and all of their families...there are a lot of us. We ate soup and visited and played cards. I really think that I have the best family in the world. We all enjoy spending time together reminiscing about old times or visiting or playing games. I hear about families that get together and can't do anything but fight and someone always leaves mad. I can't comprehend such a family because mine isn't that way at all. We have never fought (as adults) and really we all enjoy the time that we spend together. I feel very fortunate and so blessed to have such an amazing, special family. Its not as common as I use to think that it was to have a family that is close, so I feel very lucky. The kids love getting together as much as the adults do. Grandma and Aunt Teresa and Aunt Maryanne had made some really cute gingerbread houses out of graham crackers for the kids to frost and decorate with a million different kinds of candy. They used cotton candy to make it look like it had snowed -I hadn't ever seen that before and it was really cool, very messy, but so cool. They played tag, had leg wrestles, played hid-n-seek and just plain wore themselves clear out.  All of my nieces and nephews were there. I have so much fun with them! I have 4 nephews and 7 nieces and they are so much fun to play with, talk to and spend time with. Each one of them have such fun personalities. You just gotta love them! This picture of my nephew Kayden is one of the my very favorite pictures of him. He has such a love for life and is such a cute boy...so much fun! Cameron even got into the gingerbread houses! Honestly, I thought about going over and doing one myself. They are so much fun to put together. 

Families are forever...and I look forward
to spending the eternities with such an amazing group of people. 

3 comments:

Jack and Daynalee said...

That pic of Kaden is SO cute! I can't believe how big everyone gets while I live so far away! I wish we lived closer so we could go to these things too!

Anonymous said...

it was so fun!! :) i love christmas parties!

Unknown said...

Wow...it seems like you guys had the time of your lives this Christmas!!