Thursday, December 18, 2008

PaRtY TimE



This year was our first "Wilkerson Family Christmas Party". We decided that with our kids growing up and some of them getting married, that it was time we started a new tradition. 

We still hung on to our old traditions, but with the times changing and our family going in different directions it was time to get a few new ones going. Dana planned the games. They were so much fun. Everyone got involved and had an awesome time. It certainly wasn't one of those parties that everyone sat around and waited for something to happen. 
We wrapped presents with oven mitts on, opened candy kisses with our oven mitts on (or used our mouth, whatever worked), we played Christmas Song Pictinary and ate dinner and cheesecake. Everyone left having had good laughs, bonding moments and making memories that will last us forever. 


Parties and family get togethers are one of the best things about the holidays. I love getting together with everyone. There is usually alot happening and everyone is getting along, its just fun to be in the middle of it. I think that is why I wished that the holidays lasted all year long. I have an awesome family...I think they are the best!! 

5 comments:

Trent and Melanie said...

I am totally going to have to try the mitten wrapping with my family. That sounds like soooo much fun!

Jack and Daynalee said...

That was tons of fun huh. I'm so excited to make it a tradition!

Becca said...

What a great blog! Isn't it fun to see who all blogs?! Visit me sometime if you want! beccafarley.blogspot.com

Becca

Anonymous said...

it was soooooo much fun!! i think everyone loved it! it certainly wasn't one of those christmas family parties that some people dread because you just sit there lol. it was a blast!! i'm already looking forward to next year's party!

Unknown said...

How much fun was that!!!... lol.. sounds like it was a blast!!