I've decided that I am going to write a "Bucket List". I don't know how many of you have seen the movie called, "The Bucket List", for those of you that haven't, its about a man who is dying and he makes a list of things that he wants to do before he dies and then he sets out to accomplish them all. Its a funny, sad and very thought provoking movie, or at least it was for me. If nothing else the movie makes you think. No, I am not making a plug for the movie- it has a good message, but isn't on my "top 10 have to see movies." The point being...I am going to make a list of things that I want to accomplish before I die. This past year was my huge "milestone birthday" and I'm afraid that I am on the downward slide of life. (oh- by the way...I am NOT planning on dying...I still have a good 45 years or so left in me, but I will keep you posted on that one). I am going to come up with 75 things that I want to accomplish in the next 1/2 of my life. I am going to take pictures and journal about each one that I do, so those of you who care to watch can feel a part of my journey. I think it will be a fun way to make and set goals and then carry them out. After all "A goal that isn't written down, is only a dream". And I want the rest of my life to be more than "just a dream".
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I'm on my way to 30, and I feel like that's when the downhill sliding begins! You'll have to post the "bucket list" for those of us curious, and then we can hold you to it! I did see the movie and loved it. Wouldn't it be so so nice if mothers actually did get a holiday. I could only image waking up to breakfast in bed, going for a nice walk, taking a hour bath, yada yada yada, and not once having to worry about the kids, asking for the hubby to do something but actually him realizing that something needed done and just doing it!! oh a "real holiday" would be nice. It's nice to image at least! I don't live that far away that you couldn't drop off a plate of Mrs Fields cookies! What's you favorite treat, so I can make it, post it, then write about how good it was!
Good for you! I would like to do this too!
yay for you!
What a great idea...
Cindy gave me a "Journaling jar" with a bunch of little strips of paper with thoughts for Journal entries, it really made me think that life is to short, we need to live it to the fullest and enjoy everything we do!
I hope that you can accomplish everything that you desire to, and I will just make it day by day as I have been doing until I get these little whippersnappers raised and then I will do some way fun stuff too!,lol
Awesome idea Julie! That will be a neat personal history for your family too.
What a great idea! I'm so proud of you! You should make some goals that include me... like "Take Dayna on a really great vacation" I like that idea!
Great idea!!... I agree about the personal history for your family, what a great legacy to give/leave theem.
Post a Comment