Friday, January 2, 2009

The last of the last until...NexT year.


Another New Years Eve came and went, so I guess that means that the holidays are officially over. I am counting down the days until next year. If any of you would like to know...there are 356 days left until Christmas comes again. So...we best all dash out and get our shopping done! The New Years Eve party at our house was a lot of fun. We had Todd and Dana over and Deron's brother Jon and his girls, and his sweet girlfriend, Kim. We watched a movie and ate dinner. Then at 9:00 we started playing games. We played our hearts out and were still awake at midnight when the ball dropped. Honestly, I prefer not to be awake at that hour. I am usually asleep and in bed long before that, New Year's Eve or not. But I was a sport and this year, I got to enjoy my big New Years Eve kiss at the stroke of Midnight insteadof at 7:00 am when I usually get it. And then Halle and I did up the dishes. We had so much food. We had shrimp (Walmart had a killer deal on Cocktail Shrimp) and egg rolls, crab won tons, chips and lots of dips, cream cheese turkey roll ups, fruit of various kinds and so on and so on and so on! I told the kids that they could each pick at least one thing that they wanted to eat that night, and then Deron and I picked one and then we had to have some other stuff too so...it ended up being a feast that we are STILL eating on. It was all so good. (The picture shows SOME OF THE FOOD, but not all of it, there was another counter top clear full). We went to bed about 2:00am when we finally just couldn't hold our eyes open any more. Deron, Kim and Cameron all slept until about 11:30am (Halle and I are early risers and were awake and up by 7:00am) I decided to start the New Year out on a positive note and cook my families favorite...CREPES with cream and strawberries. I don't hardly ever make them because they are such a pain and so messy to clean up, but being a holiday, I decided to surprise AND spoil them a little.  It was great and we are already excited about next years celebrations. Happy New Year! 

2 comments:

Christie said...

My family looooves crepes with Strawberries as well.
You stayed up way later than me, I went to bed at 9:50 p.m.,lol
What a fun family you have......

Unknown said...

Wow I want to come to your house for the holidays!! Lol… no seriously… We’ve all been sick with the flu, so it was a quiet night at our house.