Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Its a boy thing...

On Friday Cameron went down to Moab with some of the scouts and scout leaders from our ward. They took their bikes...(bicycles...pedal bikes)..and their helmets, their tents and their sleeping bags and their excitement for a great time! After watching Cameron pack for this fun little trip, I advised him to pack a heavier sleeping bag and a blanket. He insisted that he would be warm enough and that he was tough. After much arguing and encouraging...I gave up and decided that he might just have to learn the hard way, but I INSISTED THAT HE TAKE HIS COAT. Cameron went to bed and at 4:00am got up and built a fire because he was "freezing clear to death". (for some reason I wasn't surprised that he was SO cold!) 

After breakfast they all got ready and headed out for the "Slick Rock Trail", to enjoy the day. Which they did. Cameron said that it was so much fun, but pretty scary. They only had one big wreck...you guessed it...it was my Cameron. He was going down a hill really fast with the intent of not having to have to pedal much on the way back up the other side, but because of the high speed he somehow ran over his leg and he got pretty banged up. He has these tracks on his leg that came from his chain, he's pretty bruised all over and he broke his sunglasses, but other than that, he jumped up and kept on riding. He came home worn out and tired, but with lots of great, fun "boy" experiences to talk about. Sunday morning he was complaining that his eye hurt and felt as though he had an eyelash in it. We didn't worry too much. But tried to find what was bothing his eye, but didn't see anything.But Monday morning he woke up and his eye was really red and hurt like crazy. We looked and I couldn't see anything. So he finished getting ready for school and was just about ready to leave when he came in and said he had found what was in his eye....he pulled down the bottom eyelid and there it was...a small piece of plastic from his sunglasses embedded in his lid. YUCK! We tried to get it out, but it wasn't going to come. So off to ER where they got some tweezers and got it out. He immediately felt relief from the pain. It didn't look so big once it was out and on a tissue, but it sure looked big sitting there in his eye. The Dr. said that he won't have any lasting problems from it and he's as good as new. Cameron is one of those kids that just has a great time at whatever he does and does it 110%...even if that means he has a few bumps along the way. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!! having anything in your eye hurts, let alone have a piece of your sunglasses in their for a day. I'm glad he's feeling better. :)

Christie said...

Goodness, we cant leave them alone for a minute can we, lol
Im glad he wasnt hurt worse, we have been to the ER three times for eyeball trauma.....(boys)

Becca said...

Oh owie!! I have abig fear of eyeball owies! Brave boy!

Sommer Time Farm said...

He must take after Uncle John-I don't how many times I have been in th er with him because he has something in his eye-glad everything is ok