Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SeW FuN!

I decided to be a little crafty and "make" my Mother's Day gifts this year. I saw these cute, trendy aprons in the Mall selling for $49.00 and decided..."I can DO THaT~ and for CHeaPer Too!"...SO I did! I already had an apron pattern and just made some minor adjustments and 

changes to it to get the outcome that I wanted for "My Trendy Aprons". They were really easy, but took more time than I had anticipated, mainly because gathering a ruffle as long as this one, takes time and tons of patience. IF I were to make aprons for a living I would defiantly
 invest in a "ruffling" attachment for my sewing machine. After spending about 2-3 hours on each one (I made 5), I decided that $49.00 wasn't too crazy of a price to charge for an apron like that...after I considered the time it took and the cost of the fabric to make one. I am so glad that my Mom forced me to take sewing classes in High School so that I could learn to sew. Turned out that I really enjoy the "old fashioned hobby". I was really excited that I could sew my own "Trendy Apron" and have it look like I paid $49.00..(Actually mine probably didn't look like the really cool ones in the Mall...but I am going to pretend that they did~). They were alot of fun to make and when things in my life settle down a bit, I am going to make myself one...a little "late Mothers Day Gift" to me!

4 comments:

Jack and Daynalee said...

Your aprons really did turn out adorable. I love them!

Anonymous said...

they look wonderful julie!!! and they do look just as good as the ones at the mall. my mom bought me one of the ones at the mall for my bridal shower gift and i love it!!! it's so cute!!!

After you said it took you 2 -3 hours doing just one, i'm afraid to take you up on that offer to make me a watermelon one lol

Buell Fam said...

Those are sooo cute! I have been wanting to make a small version of the "trendy" aprons for Aubrey.I am inspired by yours - but don't know if I have the time quite yet. Great job!

Becca said...

Way cute! You are soooo creative! Love it!