
I didn't get any petunias this year and have regretted not having them. I love the way they smell and brightened up my yard. They have such vibrant colors and are nice to mix in with all of the green in my yard. But all is not lost....I was at Walmart last week and they were having a clearance on some of their potted plants...and I ran into one that I had never seen before. Its called a "Bougainvillea". Its such a pretty flowering vine. It will climb to be 6 feet tall and loves the sun. I grabbed 3 of them and thought I would plant them somewhere really sunny in my yard, but then the lady in the garden department told me that they won't come back next year because they only tolerate the cold up to 38 degree's...bummer! But she also told me- that I could plant them in a pot and let them grow and then bring them in when it gets cold. Then take them back outside next summer. I planted them as soon as I got home, set them on my porch and have loved them. The ONLY thing that worries me now is...they are supposed to have 8 hours of sunlight...and we haven't been getting 8 hours of anything but RaIn. And after having them out on the porch for a week, they are looking a little peeked. Hopefully next week the sun will be up and they will bounce right back...I can only HoPE!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
A little color goes a long ways~

at
5:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Very pretty flowers!!!
At least you haven't had to water them, lol
How pretty!
THEY ARE SO PRETTY JULIE!!! I LOVE THEM!!! they are so bright!!! :)
Post a Comment