After a long week of rain, last Saturday we got up and saw the sun! We decided that we HAD to take advantage of the warm day and the beautiful sunshine. So after lunch we packed up the kids and headed off to Starvation Resivior. We planned a nice afternoon of playing in the water, eating snacks and just relaxing. We were going to go up and play on the beach, but when we got headed up the road there was a sign saying that the beach was closed for some construction that they would be doing that day...bummer. So we went to find some other place that would be nice. We ended up going clear around to the other side of the lake (Knight's Hollow...for you locals that know where I am talking about) and found that KNOW ONE was there, we had the entire place to ourselves. We found a little sandy beach area in between these 2 hills. We were so secluded and felt like we were on our own little island. The kids had a great time swimming, playing in the water, building sand "c
reations"
and eating junk food. Deron and I enjoyed a little down time just reading our books and resting. It was wonderful. After a little rest, Deron and I took a walk around and looked at all the cactus that was blooming. In my entire life, I have never seen a cactus flower, they are beautiful. My pictures don't do them justice, but they were just so pretty that I had to take some shots of them anyway. We all had such a fun time. We were there for most of the afternoon and our only regret was that we didn't bring hot dogs to roast....maybe next time.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Our little "Island of Paradise!"

at
5:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
This looks so fun! I miss the lake!
FUN STUFF!!! you should invite us sometime.... sometimes its hard to get todd out of the house to go somewhere. lol! we were wanting to go this past saturday and have a picnic at the lake but then the rain came...
Post a Comment