Even though Halle and I had been on a "Field Trip" of our own, all week long (Girls camp) and didn't get home until Thursday, we decided that we wanted to soak in the sun that Friday was offering and go on a field trip...(after all it was "Field Trip Friday" in our house). We were planning on having a picnic on our way to Provo to do a little shopping and have dinner with
Dayna (Jack couldn't come),
but we got away late and ended up eating before we left. BUT~ we stopped at one of my favorite spots in Daniels Canyon anyway, Whisky Springs. As a child we use to stop there for a potty break sometimes and I always thought it was so pretty.
I longed to get out and run around and enjoy it, but we never did. SO since I've had a family of my own, we make frequent stops there during the spring and summer months...and Friday was no different.
We got out and basked in the sunshine, walked in the grass, played in the water and hiked up
the trail... for what else?...but to take pictures! (I "had" to have pictures to go with my blog you know!) I love the trial there. Its so pretty. Its even peaceful there, even though the road is
right next to it, you don't hear the cars coming and going. We saw 5 little squirrels eating something out in the middle of the grass. They didn't seem to be bothered by us until I tried to walk up and get a good picture of them, then they ran under some bushes but still looked out to watch me. We stayed for about 45 minutes and then headed off to Provo. We shopped around for a bit and then we met Dayna at Cafe Rio for dinner. We got it to go and went on a picnic to the park. I love this time of year (when the weather is good), when we can picnic and just enjoy the beautiful greens and vibrant
colors. I love to hear the birds chirp and watch the clouds as they pass by. Really~ what isn't there to enjoy about summer!? We had a super time and the kids are already asking
"What are we going to do for "Field Trip Friday" this week? Guess I better come up with a plan, huh?!





0 comments:
Post a Comment