I told you I was going to do better this week with my menu and new recipes...and I DID! I actually made a new recipe Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Our schedules were a little crazy the rest of the week and didn't allow me to dive into cooking as much as I had planned. But I was proud of myself for accomplishing what I did (since I hadn't explored much in the cooking world for awhile). On Monday, I looked and looked all day for something that sounded good to make for dinner. After hours of searching, I finally just made up my own recipe. I named it "BBQ Meatball Sandwiches". Everyone was a little skeptical at first but after tasting them, they all liked them and even said they would eat them again.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
BBQ with a twist~
Julie's BBQ Meatball Sandwiches
1 lb. sausage
1 lb. ground beef
4 cups of crushed BBQ potatoe chips (I am sure that you could use any potatoe chip)
3 eggs
1 t. salt
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. oregano
1 t. season salt
1 t. garlic powder
1-2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce
Hoagie Rolls
Cheese, sliced
Mix first 9 ingredient together. Shape meat mixture into small balls about the size of a walnut. Fry in a pan with just enough oil so that the meatballs won't stick. Continue to turn meatballs every few minutes to keep them from burning. Cook until done. Drain oil. Pour BBQ sauce over cooked meatballs and let simmer for 10 minutes. Open Hoagie rolls and place sliced cheese on one side, place under broiler for 1-2 minutes, until light brown, remove from under broiler and place onto a serving plate. Place (3) meatballs onto bun (enough to fill it from one end to the other) , close and serve immediatly. ENJOY!
*this is a large batch and makes enough meatballs to fill 8-10 sandwiches. It also made great leftovers.
Happy Cooking

at
8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment