Having a birthday at my age isn't near as exciting as it was when I was little, but it beats the alternative (being dead)~ so I hope to continue to celebrate them for many years to come. Cameron was going to be gone on a back packing trip with the scouts on my birthday and so he and Kimber and Halle pla
nned a little surprise dinner for me on the night before my birthday, so Cameron could be there to help celebrate too. It was so sweet. Deron took me for a ride (which we sometimes do for my birthday), down through Strawberry River. Its so pretty there. I just love that ride. We even saw a cave...we poked our heads in it but it didn't go anywhere, it was still cool though. When we got home the kids were all hiding in the kitch
en and jumped out and yelled "Surprise!"...I loved it! I haven 't had a surprise party in years. We had Stacked Tacos, and chocolate cake and chocolate chip mint ice cream!! It was so good. And the best part was that I didn't have to cook it. The kids did it all!!!! We ate outside and had a great time visiting. Todd and Dana and Erik were able to be there too. I think that I have the best family ever!!!!!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Day off!
The next day was my birthday and everyone had to work. I knew if I stuck around home I would do what I normally do every single day too, WORK...laundry, clean the house, water the lawn...you know, the normal routine. So I decided after 41 years, I was old enough to give myself the day off...so I did! I took a little road trip out to the city all by myself! I talked to Dayna and we met up for lunch at Cafe Rio during her lunch break at work. My birthday just wouldn't be my birthday if I didn't get to eat at Cafe Rio (since its my favorite and all). It was wonderful seeing Dayna again and chatting over
lunch. We always love to spend time together. The rest of the day I shopped around a bit...more or less just wandered. I bought
me a new purse, heaven knows I always need a new one! (ha ha ha...I collect them that's for sure). I have to admit, that celebrating my birthday all alone was a bit... lonely. It made me thankful for my family. I would hate to have to celebrate holidays alone all of the time. Family makes them more meaningful and its alot more fun to celebrate wonderful days with the people that you love.
Although, I really did have a fun day...it was relaxing, a nice change and it got me out of the house and doing something that "I wanted to do" for my birthday...so I am glad that I got to go. At about 8:00pm I left the city behind, I opened the sun roof in my suburban, turned up the radio and made my way back to "real life".....didn't know if I was quite ready for the "real life" part...but oh well.

at
6:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Happy Birthday Julie!! You are such an awesome friend and I love you so much!
so fun!!! glad you had a wonderful birthday!
Post a Comment