I use to look forward to my kids going back to school when they were little and took hours to entertain and care for, but now that my kids are older and they don't take as much "entertaining"...(they can entertain themselves)...I don't look forward to sending them back. Our summers are pretty care free and boring, but there isn't the stress of activity after activity that they have to be to, or homework that I have to constantly ride them about. We work around the yard, in the house and do what needs to be done, but we try to make time to play a little too. And with the su
mmer months, its nice that we have many days a week to try and fit the fun in instead of just a Saturday. I decided this year I was going to try and make the last week before school started, a little different. I was going to plan something fun to do every single day for a week. Monday was our first big day and we started it off with a bang! We set up the croquet set and played outside all evening. We ate ice cream cones and laughed and had an enjoyable night... (we didn't even have 1 argument between the kids...woot woot!!!). The kids are looking forward to the week and anxious to see what each day will bring. We aren't going to do great big elaborate things, but just spending time together, doing something different from the "norm", that we usually do
every day. I am looking forward to a fun week too. Sometimes I forget to take time to relax and laugh like I should, so this week is going to be good therapy for me as well as just plain ol' FUN....its a PaRTy at our house!!!! (at least for this week)
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
PaRTy all WeEk!

at
1:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
what a great idea, kids do grow up waaaaay to fast!
I can imagine the empty nest feeling, although somedays i'd pay good money for it, lol
Hang in there girl, we should have lunch once a week!!
Post a Comment