Many of you out there that are reading this- already have this recipe... BUT...some of you don't. Every time I've made this salad I've been asked for the recipe and it quickly became one of OUR favorite salad recipes years ago when I made it up. Our family loves it and we eat it all summer long. Sorry there aren't any pictures...but just imagine it looking SCRUMPTIOUS----because it really is!
Julie's Bacon Macaroni Salad
2 boxes of bow tie pasta (any other noodle can be used, I personally like the bow tie or elbow macaroni noodles)
2 lbs. bacon, cut into small pieces and cooked until crisp but not burnt
4-5 tomato's, diced
2-3 c. grated Cheddar cheese (more or less depending on your taste)
Mayonnaise (has to be MAYONNAISE not salad dressing or Miracle Whip)
1/4 c. Ranch dressing from the bottle (more or less to taste)
salt
pepper
season salt
Cook noodles as directed on the package. Drain and cool completely. Cook bacon and let it cool also. Combine noodles, bacon, cheese, and tomato's, mix well. Add desired amount of Mayonnaise, 1/4 c. Ranch dressing, and salt and pepper and seasoning salt to taste. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
* I don't love bacon so if I am making it for me (a very small bowl) I leave out the bacon. I have kids that don't love tomato's and I've tried to leave them out, but the taste is completely altered. It tastes the best with EVERYTHING in it.
*If you are going to be taking this to a dinner or aren't going to be able to eat it right away, mix everything but the Mayonnaise and Ranch Dressing together and add those right before serving.
*When eating leftovers, sometimes the noodles absorb the Mayonnaise and it become dry- just add more Mayonnaise and a little milk and it creams it right up.





4 comments:
Sounds delish and I must try it!!!
That sounds so good!!! I think I will try it this week! You totally are such a creative cook!
I love the look of your blog... I just downloaded that same one tonight for mine... I am in need of a "blog makeover" and get some catch up done!!!... uugghh... will I ever get caught up with life?!? Maybe I'll go with my second choice :) Hope you are all doing well :)
Sounds really yummy and I love your idea of a girls weekend! I wish I lived closer to my sisters or that a small plane ticket was a little more in the budget. I think that memories like this really makes a great family. That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment