

...And LAST but not LEAST, our final day of Labor day! We ALL...yes that was "EVERYONE"...agreed that we should go hiking up Rock Creek. We packed a lunch...city style (went to Subway and got sandwiches), threw it all in our packs and headed up the canyon for the day. We got up there and it was just beautiful. Everything was still green and gorgeous. Some of the leaves were changing, but not many. I was a little surprised that we didn't see more people on the trail...being a holid
ay and all. We passed 2 people on horses going up past the dam and there were 4 people behind us...just going to see the dam. We hiked in about 2-2 1/2 miles, ate our lunch along the trail, took lots of pictures and enjoyed the gorgeous mountains. I had forgotten how rocky the trail was...hence the name "ROCK CREEK", but I'm a little slow...if I was going to pick my favorite trail that we've gone on this year, it would be the one up Moon Lake, hands down. Its got the incline and decline along with the smooth, straight way... but the path isn't rocky and we could enjoy the view around us without having to STOP to LOOK at our view like we did on the Rock Creek Trail. We had to keep our eyes down most of the time because the rocks are so thick and none of us wanted to trip. Cameron found some wild raspberries and even ate a few of them. We decided that the ones at home were much sweeter and alot BIGGER! The ferns were still out and in areas of the trail they were just thick and lush! I've never seen ferns all over like I have this year, they are beautiful. It makes me sad when I think that be
fore too long all the plants and the pretty colors are going to be gone and everything will
be blanketed with that YUCKY white stuff!...I am soaking in all the nature and warmth and sunshine that I can get...hopefully storing up enough to get me through the winter. Our day was splendid even though there was a "LITTLE" complaining and some tired bodies, we are still hoping to get in a couple of more hikes before the snow flies..maybe even one up to Timp Cave!....We're on a roll now, why stop?!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Monday Maddness...?!

at
9:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
FUN FUN!!!! we went and visited my family for my mom's bday! and on sunday my mom, my sister's and i had a craft day to celebrate her birthday!!! SHE LOVED IT!!
I love hiking! How lucky you are to have mountains so close! mt timp is really fun! You should do it!
Is that where we hiked last summer before girls camp? It's a good trail. And yes, those raspberries are tart--Sam came home with a lot this summer when he was working up there. I had to make smoothies or something out of them most of the time--too tart for much else.
Post a Comment