Yesterday was the big Holly Fair....the day that Dayna, Dana, Halle and I had been working toward for the past 8 weeks. We've spent many long days, evenings and late nights crafting, sewing, glueing, tieing and losing sleep. Dayna made home decor blocks, Dana made tutu's, Halle made her hair accessories and I made my aprons. The Holly Fair lasted 2 days. The girls and I had a good time spending the long hours together. We talk, made our "Christmas wish lists" with all the fun stuff that we saw there, we people watched and even got some fun ideas of things that we might want to make ourselves....BUT as fa
r as the Holly Fair itself goes, I don't know that its something I would be interested in doing again. It was a lot of work, for not much return. It was a good experience and I don't regret doing it...but I will leave it to the pro's! I appreciate all of my dear, wonderful, sweet friends who supported us! So many of you come by our booth, came by the house, ordered things on-line and bought things even before we wen
t to the Holly Fair...you girls all know who you are and I appreciate you so much!!!! Thank you dearly for your support....Love you all! And for the many of you who supported us with all of your encouragement, kind words and sweet thoughts, you are all wonderful! I have the best family and frie
nds around, I couldn't ask for any better!!!! Thanks for being such amazing people in my life!!!! Being a business woman is something that I thought I might want to do at some point in my life, but after this experience I have decided its not something that I am going to pursue. Its certainly something that is meant for some people and not, for others...and I happen to fall into the "NOT" category. But- I learned alot about myself and my abilities. It wasn't a complete waste because I grew from my experience...AND as a bonus, I got to cross off one more thing from my bucket list too...."Sell something that I made"....and I did! Thanks ladies!!!!!!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
LIVE and LEARN~
*NOTE~ I still have MANY aprons, both adult and little girls sizes...I would love to sell them. If you are interested you can email me at julie@ubtanet.com They would make awesome gifts for friends, mom's, daughters, sisters...co- workers...or anyone.

at
2:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
It was fun huh. I think EVERYONE did pretty bad on sales this year. Dang recession. I absolutely loved your aprons though. Seriously SO cute. You are so talented and shouldn't let it get you down. LOVE YOU!
To bad I was down-I would of came and bought some stuff!!
I wish I could have gone, but I was out of town. I would love to order some blocks and stuff for Christmas though! They look so cute!
Post a Comment