Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Hoopla...and all that good stuff!


We decided to make this last week of Christmas vacation special and full of memories. We made a plan to do something fun that the kids wanted to do, every single day. The kids helped us plan and I think they are excited too. Yesterday (Monday) they all wanted to go out to the city and do a little "after Christmas" shopping. They had been earning some money and had some things in mind that they wanted to purchase. I like to shop and so I was all game for that! We got ready to go...on time even...packed up a lunch (yummy leftover turkey sandwiches!). Then I went to start the car...she sputtered and rebelled but finally relented and fired up. I decided to let her warm up good before we left because it was cold outside. After about 30 minutes we went and jumped in, ready for our long day of shopping. I had to stop and get gas on the way out of town, knowing that I wouldn't get very far on 1/4 of a tank. Cameron filled up the car and I went to start it up again...NO GO!!! Completely dead!!!!....what the heck??? So I called Deron and he was in the shower so Todd came and jump started us. I didn't know whether to stay or keep on with our traveling plans. Deron said to drive until we got to Heber, pull up to the Checker Auto there in town and turn the car off. If it didn't start again, to go and get a battery. So that's what we did. After getting there and turning the car off, she fired right back up....tried it twice and both times she purred like a kitten....so now what? I went in and asked if they could check my battery because I thought it was going bad. The nice man inside was happy to do just that. He was so kind and didn't make me feel stupid at all. He checked it out and said it was working great and that the battery was strong and didn't have any problems that he could tell. (I don't understand exactly how they do it, other than they have a machine that they hook it up to and they can check all that stuff out on it). He then checked my alternator too, to see if it was keeping the battery charged and it too was working. I thanked him and told him I really appreciated his help. ( I will defiantly go there again because they were very kind and helpful and it didn't cost me anything!!!...Kindness goes a long way in my book!) Anyway...I don't know what is going on with the car, but it kept running all day and got us home safe and sound. NOW...will it start today, that's the big question????

The shopping trip was long, fun, and we all got tired out.... BUT, we found some really good "after Christmas sales", 70% off of everything in one of the stores...and prices slashed in most of the other stores. Halle found some shirts for $5, pants for $10.... so we got a few fun things and felt like our day was a success all the way around. Dayna was able to come and spend the day with us which is always fun....And so the story continues, the Holiday Hoopla is still going strong in our house, with many more days of it to come.....onward we go!

2 comments:

24/7 Dance Company said...

I wish I could've gone shopping!!! I'm soooooooo jealous of Halle's cute boots!!!

Jack and Daynalee said...

It was so fun huh! I'm excited to hear about all the other fun stuff you guys do this week! Hopefully you get feeling better so you can enjoy it!