Wednesday we had decided to stay home and enjoy some R&R while watching "Harry Potter and the half blood prince". We had seen it in the theater but we enjoy watching movies again on DVD as well. Santa, as well as family, gave us many movies to enjoy and we have loved watching them during the Christmas Break. I like to just snuggle up on the couch with a warm blanket and some popcorn (popcorn ANYTIME) and watch a good movie. For some reason its very relaxing to me and often it pu
ts me right to sleep. I know, then I miss the movie, but that's okay...its usually one that I've seen anyway and if not, I can always watch it again.
Thursday was the BiG New Years Eve Party. Living in a rural area does have a few draw backs at times, especially when it comes to the "entertainment category". There has never been much to do around here, let alone on New Years Eve, so years ago we started our own New Year's Eve tradition. We have a big New Years Eve family shabang, with LOTS of food (junk food of course)to snack on all night, and then we play games until the new year arrives at midnight. This year, as I am still fighting with this bronchitis thing, we scaled our party down quite a bit. Deron didn't want me to be working hard and cleaning and cooking all day, plus have the big clean up to do afterwards
(don't think that I could have done all the I usually do even if I wanted to). So we just invited our kids and Kim invited her best friend over. Usually we have all of Deron's family here as well (which we missed)...but there is always next year. We ate and ate and ate... We played cards until all we were seeing were numbers...we also discovered the Audrey (Kim's friend) and Dana are excellent card players. We already knew that Dana was great at games because she has been fierce competition for awhile now. It was a fabulous night. There was alot of laughing, alot of groaning (because of a bad hand of cards) and cheering as the new year rolled around. Cameron wanted to go to the New Years
I can't say that I am sad to see 2009 leave...it had many ups and and just as many downs. It doesn't bother me at all to have to say
"Good Riddens" to it.
I am grateful that I have such an amazing family, Dear friends and for the many blessings that are mine.
I am looking forward to 2010...although, I am going in feet first,
with my eyes wide open
and
just hoping for the best!





1 comments:
the party was soooooooooooo fun!!! and i need the recipe for the fruit pizza!!! :)
Post a Comment