Once upon a time there was a little girl.....with a cheesy grin and curls in her hair. This little girl grew into a teenager, a galky, goofy teenager....with a "perm" in her hair like all the other girls.
Then this teenager grew up to be a mom~ a mom with 6 kids...keeping her busy day and night.
...and then this mom...well, she grew up and got older, and older and older~
....and OLDeR... to the point that she now has to wear reading glasses!!!!! OH SO NOT COOL for the girl who never wanted to grow OLD!!!!! In my book, there are certain things that are constant reminders that I am getting up there and that my youth is slowly disappearing~ 1. I forget things..I walk into a room with the intent of doing something, getting something etc...by the time I get into that room I have forgotten the reason that I went in there! (yes, I've been doing that for a LONG, LONG time), 2. The constant popping up of wrinkles. Try as I might, they won't stay away. I used to like to pull my bangs back...not anymore, the wrinkles on my forehead look like furrows in a corn field. 3. When people refer to the 80's as being "retro"...and I remember it like it was yesterday! 4. I can remember when we didn't have computers, cell phones or microwaves! 5. Things sag that aren't supposed to sag...need I say more?!...oh the good old days when I was young. I didn't appreciate my youth like I should have and NOW~ just one more thing to remind me that I need to start hunting for the fountain of youth.... having to wear reading glasses!! I remember when my mom had to start wearing reading glasses and I thought then that I hope that day never came for me. Well, I put it off for as long as I could...but when I got to the point that reading was more of a chore (trying to squint and pull the book forward and back) than anything else, I decided that glasses were a must.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Old AgE and the JoY of seeing again!

at
8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
It could be worse--you could have decided to wear some really old-looking reading glasses. :) But what you are wearing looks great!
I wish that was my problem! I've been wearing contacts and glasses since 5th grade. At least they're just reading glasses and not thick ones like mine:)
Julie! You look amazing and those glasses are super cute! I love you so much and hope I can "age" (it doesn't seem like you have) as well as you and my mom! Hope life is grand for you.... I miss you and yours!
You look even more fabulous Now than ever!!!
AND you look fantabulous in your trendy reading glasses.....
Post a Comment