Monday, March 15, 2010

Winter ReMNaNts...

The snow has thawed (for the most part) and has left proof of "winter visitors" who have wandered around our yard. It's funny how we never cross paths, never see them here...but they always leave us a "little gift" so that we recognize their presence in our yard...("thanks for the house warming gift, Bambi. Sorry that we missed you! I hope that you found much to eat, but left my trees alone".) 

Among the "droppings" I uncovered many treasures leftover from autumn. I found rotten squash-(yes, I forgot to put in the trash)...but after the snow came and buried it...
it was out of sight, therefore out of mind. 

...the leaves that blew off of the tree's and piled up after the weather was TOO cold for me to rake,
 are still there WAITING FOR ME to...
 "pick up right where I left off." 

....and the remnants of leftover snow...(yes, that would be WATER) will have to be dumped
 from my wheel barrel, preparing it for its many hours of hard labor

....and then there are more leaves....and more work....

BUT....I will have to say~ that right now, it sounds like a nice 
change from housework. I am sure that the "newness" will wear off quickly and I will soon be
complaining (because thats how "we humans" are) because I am tired of it as well..but for now
a nice sunny, warm day filled with raking leaves, dumping trash and making my yard a pretty place
sounds like a good day! 

Good bye Snow (for today at least)....
and Welcome Back brown grass and moldy leaves....
its good to see you again!


2 comments:

KellyAnn said...

I love this time of year. You know that spring isn't far away. I washed my kids coats on Saturday night. Sunday afternoon, they came in the house from playing in the garden, mud from head to toe. We love being outside. But they had fun. Time to wash coats again.

Lisa said...

Pictures of poop Julie, seriously yuck! (LOL very funny though!)