Sunday, April 4, 2010

Egg-cellant!

I have to say that dying Easter Eggs is one of my fondest memories as a child. I looked forward to it almost as much as I did Christmas. I always made sure that that was one part of Easter that never got forgotten. NO matter how old I got, we still dyed Easter Eggs when I was living at home. I don't know if I loved it so much because it was symbolic of Spring arriving or if it was because it was a "crafty"thing to do, and I loved to "create" and make things. Needless to say, when I started having my own children, they started dying eggs at a very young age. NOW that I have just 3 children left at home and they are all teenagers.....we still dye eggs! AND we all love it! I think that when all of my children are gone and no longer enjoy my little Easter traditions, I will dye eggs all by myself....and you better believe that I will love every minute of it.

Last year we tried the "Paas Foil Egg Kit" (if any of you follow my blog, you will remember pictures from when we did that). I loved how the eggs turned out last year. They were fun and different from what we had ever done before. This year we used the "Foil kit" again, but they made it a little different and not as fun and cool....I wasn't as impressed with this kit. BUT it didn't matter- the kids had fun coloring the eggs and making cool designs on them anyway. Its fun to see all the bright colored eggs and the fun things that the kids come up with. It's also that "little reminder" that spring is HERE!...and it makes me smile. After we are done, we fill up the egg cartons with our yummy colored eggs and wait for Easter to arrive so that we can make deviled eggs for Easter dinner. We usually color a lot of eggs because we know they won't go to waste around here....everyone loves homemade deviled eggs.

We had a great time together decorating and coloring our eggs. I don't care how old my kids are, we all still enjoy doing crazy things together that bring back those childhood memories from long ago.  Someday I am going to make dozens of eggs, dye them and then find a really cool hill and roll the eggs down it with my grandchildren....I love the idea of seeing my grandkids smile and get excited as they watch the bright colored eggs tumble to the bottom of the hillside.

And here are the results or our Easter Egg dying day.......
.....Bright Colors make me happy!

1 comments:

Jack and Daynalee said...

Fun! We colored Easter eggs too. Not as much fun when there are only 2 of us though. =)