Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Its a hard knock life...for me

As many of you know, my daughter and I have been doing a recipe blog. (betterthanburgers.blogspot.com) I have had so much fun doing it! My family is constantly telling me that they are really enjoying it as well, since they get to reap the benefits of my cooking escapades.

There is just one draw back....it's a lot of work, a lot of research, a lot of cooking and a whole lot of clean up....and somedays it wears me out! Who would have thought?...but I say "OH WELL, its worth it!"

It fun to try new food, experiment with new recipes, and make up a lot of my own. I have learned things that work for me and some things that don't. I have learned that having a menu is a must for me, I can't fly by the seat of my pants anymore. I have to be organized (to some degree...I know that picture does NOT reflect my organization skills) with my time as well as the things that I do, because I have to MAKE TIME to cook and not just "try to fit it in". Although, there are days that I have to "change up" my menu and throw in the occasional "easy, repeat" dinner because I just don't have the time or energy to cook....but its been rare and far between (my family thanks me for that). I use a planner every single day now...which I have tried to do before, but never really had a reason to or needed one for that matter...BUT now, it's a must. I have too much going on and too much that has to be done, NOT to use one. In fact this week has been a little crazy because I haven't taken the time to organize my days like I usually do. I feel like I am walking around in circles...BUT today, I will get it together...I have to (thats on my to-do list).....so goes the life of the crazy busy mom, food blogger, maid, wife, taxi driver, counselor, referee, gardener, chef and tired woman....just thought you might want to know.

1 comments:

Jack and Daynalee said...

Our recipe blog rocks my socks! I was just talking to Jack about it last night and how happy I am that we are doing it. It's something fun that's just for us you know. We did it all by ourselves. And we're pretty dang awesome at it if I do say so myself!