Mother's Day is always such a "unique" (for lack of a better word) holiday for me. I have a love/hate relationship with it. It's the holiday that
"at times" reminds me of ALL the many areas that I lack in being a "good mother"...it often reminds me of my shortcomings and times that I have done an all around awful job at parenting. On the other hand it makes me feel happy that my
children and husband love me in-spite of my shortcomings and "motherly mess ups"...and continually make me feel loved and very special on Mother's Day (among every other day). I love that I have an amazing husband who loves and supports me...I am grateful and so blessed that I am a mother of 6 FANTASTIC children, whom I absolutly adore, that chose me (among millions/billions/trillions) to be their mom...2 in-law children that are the best a mother-in-law could ever ask for in the entire world...and a sweet grand baby that is on the way....Those are the things that make
Mothers Day tolerable and gives me strength to make it through another day. It's also a great opportunity to pay tribute to, and thank, my
mom and
step-mom, my
mother-in-law, my
grandma's and
aunts and
girl friends,
sisters and sister-in-laws, my
daughter and
daughter-in-law and all the
wonderful Motherly examples that I had... and have in my life. I have many wonderful people that help and have shown me by example, what it takes to be a good mother. I have benefited by their mothering, their thoughtfulness and exemplary lives...and it's a great day to honor them.
So Happy Mother's Day to all of you special ladies in my life....I love you all so much!
I hope that you had/have a wonderful day!
1 comments:
Hope you had a great Mother's Day!! You are a wonderful mother!
Post a Comment