I've never been good at good-byes, especially when it comes to my kids. It started with Dayna when she moved to Logan in the Fall, after graduation. Then 2 years later Todd followed, a year after that Erik followed suit and moved away as well. Kim decided she
didn't want to hang around for the summer, she wanted to leave home
right after graduation and get a feel for her new found independence. She has always been a amazing girl who knew what she wanted and where she wanted to go in life. She has a very strong head on her shoulders and will go far in life, I am sure of it!!! SO the day after we arrived home from our wonderful vacation we loaded her up, as well as her belongings, and drove her to her new home.
(Dad having a tough time letting her go)
(good-bye, going to miss you....Bro AKA...Dad)
I couldn't believe that we were doing this once AGAIN. It's so hard for me to cut the apron strings and let my kids go out in the lone and dreary world and learn what life is all about....all by themselves! As a mom, I have spent my entire life taking care of my children, keeping them safe, making sure they get to bed on time and eat right. I take care of them when they are sick, make sure they make good choices and live right....then I have to set them free and see if I really taught them anything! Sometimes it feels like I am turning them out into a field with a pack of wolves...and I have to just sit back and watch to see if they can fend for themselves...it's a terrifying feeling for me. Instinct tells me that I need to be out there in that "field", to protect them... and to keep them safe and sound.
(good-bye Mom...good-bye "MaryAnn")
(Keep smiling even though its hard)
Saying good bye to Kim was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Good-byes are never easy...Even though I know that she is well prepared to face the world, I know that she will choose the right paths for her life and do what is right...for my own selfish reasons,
I'm just not ready to let her face the big world without me! I miss having her home to talk to, to laugh with, to spend time doing fun/crazy things with. I miss her fun, happy personality that just lights up our entire home. I miss waking her up in the morning...with a
"Good Morning MaryAnn" (thats the nickname I gave her) and watching a smile come across her beautiful face. I miss teasing her and climbing in bed with her on a Saturday morning and talking about life and whatever is on her mind. I miss her laugh and our long drives. I miss her hugs and her smiles... every single day!
I miss her....I just miss everything about her...
But I would feel like a
failure as a mother if she (or any of my children) stuck around here and expected me to take care of her forever and never did anything with her life. So....in all reality... I am really proud of her. I am glad that she has chosen to be a grown up, proud that she wants and WILL do something with her life. Proud that she has enough sense to choose the right and become a stronger person, develop her talents and make something of herself. I am happy that she has chosen to be independent and to learn and to grow both intellectually as well as spiritually. She is a wonderful, sweet, kind hearted, positive, hardworking, fun, smart girl...and I know she will leave a mark on the world, a
very good mark!
I miss you MaryAnn...I am also proud of who you are and what you have become!
You are such an amazing girl and you make me want to be more like you!
I love you so much!!!!
4 comments:
Where did she go?
I feel for you, that has to be so hard when they leave the nest, but be proud, you are a great mother and she will appreciate you even more now that she is on her own!
{{{HUGS}}}
I got teary eyed reading this as I have had the same feelings when my oldest left for college last year. Not easy...not easy at all. Consider yourself a good parent who did all the right things...the bird has left the nest but she left with a good base (you). Hang in there. All her visits now will be even more treasured.
I can't imagine. It makes me want to puke just thinking about my kids going out into the world on thier own. It's inevitable, and we just have to hope we did enough while we had the chance.
Sad! I can't imagine! It will get easier I imagine with time! Did she too go to Logan?
Post a Comment