I am always amazed at how fast time flies. It seems like only yesterday that I was a teenager and living at home with my parents, tanning on the roof or our double wide trailer. It was only yesterday that I had my first baby, and started my own little family...it was only yesterday that I had 6 children living under my own roof, fighting and squabbling as I played referee...where does the time go? I remember when Deron and I got married, some of the "older generation" told me that "it won't be long and we will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary"...sure enough, time flies on the wings of lightning and last week Deron and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary, we are well on our way.
Deron and I have always tried to make our Anniversary a "special day"~ because our wedding day was a special day and the beginning of our lives together, I think that it should always be celebrated!! In the past we've celebrated by going on exciting "anniversary vacations"...we've gone on a cruise to Mexico, an elaborate trip to Hawaii, an exciting trip to Seattle Washington...we had a great little 3 day get away in Park City, one in Salt Lake and another one in Cedar City. BUT...The past several years we have just been able to take small day trips...mainly the kind that you take just to get away for a few hours and "reconnect".
This year was a "kill 2 birds with one stone" kind of trip. On Friday (the day before our anniversary) we had an appointment for our car to get the AC fixed (a BIG HAVE TO as far as we were concerned, it was still under warranty so that made it even more of a HAVE TO!!). It was the only time we could get it fixed so we thought that we would make a weekend of it and do something for our anniversary too. We spent the day in Salt Lake waiting (for 6 1/2 hours I might add) for the car to be fixed. While doing so we hung out at the Mall and walked around a bit, we had lunch....and dinner too (thought we might as well use our waiting time wisely and continue to "kill 2 birds with 1 stone"). At that point the car was finally finished, we called the dealership currier service and they picked us up and brought us back to the dealership where we jumped in our vehicle and headed out of Salt Lake. It was nice just spending the entire day with my honey bun...talking, laughing, eating and reminiscing about the past 23 years....so "waiting" for the car wasn't a total waste of time...we had a lot to reminisce about, we've had alot happen in our 23 years of marriage and it was fun to look back on all thats gone on in our lives and make plans for our futures together.
We couldn't think of anything that we REALLY wanted to do in Salt Lake (yes, I know there is a TON TO DO...but we just weren't in the mood for any of it)...so we spent the night in Heber (no laughing please...it was great, we even drove around all the back roads and got to know the place better...there is a lot more to see than you could even imagine!) and then headed up to Mirror Lake on Saturday morning to spend the day lounging around and to have a picnic.
If you haven't ever been, you should take a drive up to Mirror Lake. Its gorgeous, both the ride up as well as the Lake itself.
Its peaceful (lots of people but surprisingly quiet) and so pretty. If you like to fish, it has great fishing right off of the shore. People bring their dogs on leashes and just hang out at the lake all day. There is a walking path that goes around the entire lake, which is a beautiful walk, especially right now with all of the flowers in bloom and the greens so vibrant. Its defiantly worth the drive.
We hung out in a little clearing just past the walking path and back in the trees for most of the day, picnicking and reading
...Deron napped
and then napped some more...
while I (because I have a very difficult time "just sitting and do NOtHING for very long")
...walked around the forest and took pictures while I waited for him to wake up so that we could go for a walk around the lake...you can't go there and NOT walk around the lake...it's a "must DO" kind of thing. Its not hard, the lake isn't that big and you get to see the entire lake from all the different views. SOOOO... after Deron woke up we took a leisurely walk around.
We decided that Mirror Lake is one of our most favorite places maybe because it's so peaceful...or maybe just because it's one of those places that helps you appreciate all of the beauty in the world.
And then to top it off...we saw a moose on the way back down from the canyon...it was awesome!
We had a great day...didn't spend a ton of money...weren't gone for long...but had a wonderful time. Being married to my best friend for 23 years couldn't be any better...can't wait for the next 23 and what they might bring!









2 comments:
Congrats on 23 years, That is amazing, Love the pics you took!
Congrats to an awesome couple!
Post a Comment