Sunday, August 15, 2010

Trying to hang on....

I'm back....life has gotten the best of me, its been full....FULL of "so much to do and not enough time to do it all"....I am sure that most of you know the feeling.


There is always so much to do. I look around and feel so overwhelmed and discouraged at times because there is so much that needs to be done and I just don't have the energy to do it all anymore. I am only one person and I can't run the marathon anymore...I did once upon a time, but I just can't anymore. So as I sit and rest for a moment I thought I would get a blog post up.

Summer is coming to a close...and so is our summer break!...

I am sad to see the kids going back to school. I am sad that I have to get back to a "schedule", homework, sports, lessons, early morning rushes and rituals, short weekends and SERIOUSLY no fun. I am sad to go into Autumn with its cold, cool weather and colors of brown and yellow (we don't experience much of the "reds and oranges here").

I am sad to see the garden coming on in full force and knowing that it will all be gone before I get a chance to fully enjoy it.

I am a full fledged spring and summer girl...give me green grass, warm/hot temperatures...

blue skies and blazing sunshine, late summer nights-

 gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, long walks outside, lazy days at the lake, Sunday afternoons swinging on the swing, anything cooked on the grill, chirping birds, crisp sheets hanging out to dry and blowing in the breeze, bees buzzing around my face...

 the smell of campfires when I drive up the canyon, the sound of crickets on an early-sleepless morning

and the gorgeous colors that were created to make this world a beautiful place to live. 

I am trying to soak it all up and store all the sights, sounds, smells and experiences because it won't be long and its all going to be gone! Sure, I KNOW that we have to have winter so that we can enjoy the "good stuff" but I don't have to like it...I never have...and frankly, I never will!!!
Seriously...how does this "ugliness" compare to the "beauty" of Spring and Summer....?
Sorry....it just doesn't do it for me!!!!
(no "hate" comments please. I know MANY of you love winter and the cold, 
I guess we are all entitled to our opinions...but since this is my blog...I can give you mine!)
So...hopefully the next month to 6 weeks will be full of soaking up Summer experiences...at least for me. 

1 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

Ok here's the deal. First snow storm of the season we are gonna hang my friend! I will introduce the cozy wonderfulness to you! Imagine baking, crafting all while looking out the windows watching the snow flakes fall, everything covered in white Beautiful awwwh... It just occurred to me, maybe it could be location. We have such an amazing view from the north side of our house. I love to see the snow and rain falling. So.... you think about it, invitation is open, give winter a chance. LOL!