When I was a little girl, the zoo was always someplace I dreamt of going. I only remember going once or twice...but I have fond memories of the few times we went. It was one of my favorite places to go. I remember how excited I got as I walked down the paved path, toward each of the animals in their "houses" of wire and cement. Back in the day, when I was young and went to the zoo, they had a large tortoise that we got to ride...he seemed like something out of a sci-fi movie..some sort of a giant.. I guess he was somewhat of a monster...especially to a tiny little girl who was in awe by everything she saw. We got to ride the train, which was so exciting....especially the part when we drove through the dark tunnel. Afterwards we would go eat a picnic lunch that we brought from home, usually a bologna sandwich (which I wasn't a huge fan of)...but inspite of my dislike for the "picnic food" the picnic was somewhat of a novelty to me, being we didn't do it very often, so it too was something I got excited about and looked forward to.
Since I've had children of my own, we have tried to take them to the zoo on a yearly basis...it hasn't always worked that way, but we've been able to go fairly often.....and even though I am a grown up, I still love the Zoo- its still one of my favorite places to visit. For my birthday this year, my sweet neighbors and very dear friends, the Allred's, (whom we love and cherish beyond measure. We have adopted them as part of our "family") gave me a "one year pass" to the zoo....(that means that I can go whenever I want, stay for as long as I want and go back as many times as I want, in a years time...woo hoo!!). I was SOOO excited and couldn't wait to go and use my new pass!
Look at the excitement on these faces!!! We were waiting in line to board the train and we could hardly wait! Love it!
Seriously...Jer had it made...shade, feet kicked back and his drink right at his finger tips...what a life.
Jackson and I talking about "what his favorite animal on the carrousel was"....he was loving his day at the zoo!!!
The penguins were a huge hit, as was the "Cat house" where we saw the tigers and ate ice cream.

Weston smiling for the camera...he was so happy to see his "Kimber".
"Monkey see, Monkey do"....the boys loved having Kim around
It was fun to just kick back, walk around with the kids and spend the day in the sun. Everyone laughed and had a wonderful day.
Smiles to be had by everyone!!!

Colby... stretching after a hot afternoon at the zoo...now enjoying lunch at the park
Deron, kicking back and having a little "down time".....
Aren't they handsome?...Love these kiddo's!
I love sharing fun experiences with the Allred's, they are such a fun and amazing family. We always have a blast when we are hanging out together.
Nap time at the park...Jer copying his dad and like I said before,
"Monkey see, Monkey do"...and Jer is for sure a "little monkey"...
"Monkey see, Monkey do"...and Jer is for sure a "little monkey"...
It doesn't matter if we are just chatting in the back yard, spending the afternoon at the movies, picnicking at the park or hanging at the zoo...we always come home having had an awesome time!
We love them all so much....who could ask for better friends than them?! NOT ME!!!
They are the best....and
Life just wouldn't be the same
without best friends!!!
without best friends!!!







2 comments:
I love all the cute pics! We love you all so much and feel so blessed to have you in our lives!
Look how big all the Allred boys are getting! I can't believe how much they've grown in just a year since I saw them last... Looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment