I don't consider myself "overly squeamish," I'm pretty "tough skinned" and can handle a lot of gross/disgusting things. Growing up on a farm, I think I had to be able to handle a lot. I probably saw, as well as helped do things that would make most girls throw up, things like helping slaughter the cattle and pigs (as well as gutting them), kill the chickens...all so we would have food to eat in the winter. I mucked out the pig sty on more than one occasion and sewed up the neck of a Ewe (mama sheep) after she ripped it trying to go through a barbed wire fence...you know, just all that "farm stuff". But surprisingly enough, there are a few things that really make me want to "hurl!".
It's a mother's worst nightmare when she gets a call from the school nurse saying, "You need to come and pick up your child from school, they have LICE!!!!" Been there, done that!!!! I thought I wanted to die. Those nasty little critters crawling around in my home, my beds, inside my cars and IN my CHILDS HAIR!!! It literally makes my stomach queasy just thinking about it. Lice is not a respecter of persons...it doesn't really matter how clean your children are, how often you wash their bedding or how clean your house is, anyone can get it. I learned that the hard way. I remember using RID (the lice treatment shampoo) and the little comb that you have to use to comb all the little NITS from the child's hair. It was AWFUL to say the least, and it completely grossed me out. I wouldn't wish that nasty little creature on anyone...I guess you could say, LICE repulses me!!!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment