I am a list maker. I make lists to remind me of my lists...I have "post-it notes" as part of my decor (or so it seems), reminding me of everything I need to do. I have a planner that keeps track of what needs to be done daily along with what needs to be done on a weekly basis as well. In January I always make a list of things that I want to accomplish during the next 4-5 months. I am a home body and I like a clean house...and I actually even enjoy cleaning (yes, that is everything except for the bathroom) and organizing. I use the winter months to "de-junk" and clean things out...so its important that I have the energy and the "oomph" to get it all done. There are days I seem to drag my feet and have a hard time getting "my groove on" and getting anything done...although, when the "planets align" and the "mood is right," I can get mounds of things crossed off my "TO DO" list....those are the days I live for!
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Food for thought...Day 10...GeT your GrOoVe ON~
3 things that "Get Me Moving"
1. Turn up the music!
...and not just any music. It has to be up-beat, fast and have an awesome rhythm to move to. I have a few of my favorites that get me going..."I gotta a feeling" by Black Eyed Peas is one of those songs at the top of my list right now. I am a girl that has a WIDE variety of music likes...classical, pop, some country (not anything OLD...you know, the "twang, twang" stuff), soft rock and even a little bit of classic rock, but to get me going and my body moving-I listen to fun, fast and crazy good music.
2. Wind up the TIMER!
Setting the timer and giving myself a designated time to finish a certain amount of chores is quite affective for me. I guess it goes back to my childhood when my mom would give me a "dead line" to have my daily jobs finished...I would sometimes push it right to the limit, wiping the last bit of the bathroom down before my "time was up" (no worries, I always beat the clock). It's actually motivational for me to know that I only have "X" amount of time to get my work done...as well as a way to hold myself accountable when doing the "HAVE TO DO" chores (you know, those chores that we dread and put off doing). I know that I only have so much time to get them done and I move a bit quicker and don't dread them quite as much, I just get them done THEN I reward myself by getting to do some of the "more desirable jobs" on my list...the ones that I actually WANT to do.
...that brings me to my next thing on my list-
3. ReWaRdS!
Everyone needs a few little rewards to look forward to in life...I know, it sounds a little "childish" but it works for my simple little mind. I tell myself that if I work hard for a certain amount of time then I can do something that I want to do...it could be anything ranging from organizing (really- I LOVE to organize and clean...I really do) or cleaning a certain area of the house that I have big hopes and ideas for, painting a room, making a craft, sewing, lounging in the yard, going for a ride or having some down time for reading or a favorite TV show and sometimes if I have a little extra money in my pocket, I might even treat myself to a little shopping...that doesn't happen very often, but sometimes it gives me something to look forward to.
"Believe in yourself...it makes the possibilities endless"

at
6:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
JULIE! I haven't blog hopped for a long time, but here I found you. Amazing! :)
I love having a clean house, too. Especially the kitchen. If the kitchen is clean and the rest of the house is a mess, for some reason, I can deal. But if the kitchen is messy, all bets are off! :)
I am going to take your timer idea and use it on my husband. Thanks. He's gonna love me. haha!
Post a Comment