Rain, rain and MORE rain....and yesterday brought yet even MORE rain...instead of the regular daily drizzle of rain- this storm came fast and furious bringing with it sheets of water and piles of hail. The water filled basements, gutters, covered the roads and caused all kinds of havoc. Lightning hit a power pole less than a mile from our house, taking out the power in over half the town. With no power and nothing to do, we decided to go out and drive around town to see what kind of trouble the storm was causing....
...we found the river roaring and spilling over the banks in many areas~
(sadly enough, this will only get worse before it gets better...there is still 12 ft
of snow left in the mountains that has yet to melt and come down)
...we found this bench that is usually on the BANKS of the river,
its meant to provide seating for
fishermen that desire to fish the river~
...The water rising higher and higher~
...we found bushes that aren't usually under water- but they are now!
...baseball fields being turned into
lakes and ponds~
...and yes, we even found a waterfall....
The rains came down and the floods came up...the water filled every nook and cranny that it could. As much as I enjoy a quick little rain storm...I would SURE like some sunshine and even a bit of wind to dry things up a bit. I'm ready for the heat of SUMMER, weekly lawn mowing, planting my garden, WATERING my OWN lawn, weenie roasts with the family, picnics at the park, hikes in the mountains and evenings sitting outside watching the sun go down. I'm ready...BRING IT ON....................please????? yes, I'm begging!!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment