I made myself a bucket list a few years back...(frequent readers will remember when I did that) you know, those "infamous lists" of things we want to do before we die?! I've been working on my list (of 75 things) little by little and I've actually crossed off 10 things that I've "always" wanted to do. Strangely enough though, as I cross one thing off, I have the urge to add another one. It's so satisfying to set a goal, make a plan, and then to set out and "DO IT". With that satisfaction, comes the desire to accomplish more and more...I've actually thought of at least another 10 things that I want to do before my life comes to an end..so I'll be adding those to my list as well!
One thing that I have on my "bucket list" is to "plant an herb garden that will grow"...kind of corny I know...I've planted an herb garden before, several times in fact- and every time I planted one, it died (sometimes because I thought it was a weed and disposed of it). So this time has to be different. I actually have to make it work by succeeding in the "growing" part of it.
SO FAR, SO GOOD!
I'm actually "watching" the weeds grow too...
they seem to survive no matter
what I do!
I've got a little "Lemon Thyme" growing~
...some Oregano
...and some garlic.
I planted all my little herbs in the greenhouse this time, making it possible for me to know exactly where they are-
(this way I will know that they aren't WEED's sprouting up in my garden) and come Spring next year ...
I won't till them back into the ground (only because I don't use the tiller in my greenhouse).
I am actually really excited to start using fresh herbs in my cooking. I still want to get some Basil and Dill and then my little herb garden will be complete!....now to just remember to water the silly thing so it will grow...then I can cross growing an "herb garden" off my Bucket list!
I'm also training for a 5K that I will be doing in October of this year (crossing off yet another "to do" on my Bucket List). I'm an avid power walker and I actually power walk a 5K or more every day...but I would really love to RUN/JOG a good part of this 5K...which would be a HUGE
accomplishment for me. Since having 6 children, my hips and back have never been the same... and running any distance, well that's pretty much been NON-existent for me for many years. Running almost always ends in my hips and back popping out, sending me to the chiropractor for several intense treatments and an ORDER NOT to RUN OR JOG anymore. THIS time I am working up slowly and listening to my body. If its hurting, I don't run. If I feel like my hip is going to pop out, I stop... So far I'm doing really well.
I can run off and on and haven't had any problems.
NO, I don't "glide" like a Gazelle or one of those"real runners",
my running is not pretty to watch and anyone who saw me would
probably laugh at my attempt ...
but that's okay...
I AM GOING TO run anyway!!
PS...if you see me running...don't judge my efforts please~





0 comments:
Post a Comment