Thursday, June 2, 2011

Messy StuFF~

It won't surprise most of you, especially those that know me, that I don't deal well with stress...I never have. Stress drives me CRAZY! I am not the kind of person that loves to work under pressure, not the kind of girl that saves things to the last minute or the woman that flies by the seat of her pants...so its no surprise that this little "bathroom" redo has me a little UN-WIRED!

We had a leak from a pipe that was in the wall... evidently for longer than we were aware of. We didn't realize what was going on until the wall literally started to fall down...UHG! Piece by piece it crumbled to the floor..unveiling MOLD...surprise, surprise. We fixed the leak but that didn't take care of the mold issue. We have had people in and out of the house for several weeks now. Some cleaning, some ripping out anything covered in mold and some testing for mold spores. FINALLY~the mold is GONE (woo hoo, woo hoo!!!!)...but now we are waiting to see what our insurance will cover...and then comes the WORK! I DESPISE remodeling projects. I know I will be thrilled with my bathroom when its finished...but the process, well thats another story!

No judging please...this house WAS built in the 70's and still resembles that in some areas,
like the bathroom!
The mold men ripped out the carpet in the bathroom...because it was moldy. They cut
out parts of the wall....
...took out the shower, completely...its all GONE~

They used a big machine to clean the air and rid our room and bathroom from
any mold spores (and smells)...its amazing how fresh the air is now that
the mold is gone. We didn't even realize how bad it was until its no
longer lingering around.

They cut out parts of our bedroom wall...and some of the carpet there too.

its going to be a long process I'm afraid, one that I will appreciate when
its done...but I'm a bit worried about how to deal with this ADDED STRESS
in my life UNTIL its done.

I realize that some people can just "go with the flow" "deal with whats dealt to them" as well as
"smile and enjoy the ride"...I'm NOT one of those girls. Stress isn't my friend (thats putting it lightly)!!! I'm doing my best to NOT think about it and trying very hard to not dwell on the mess or the bigger mess that is to come...I'm trying to stay focused on the FINISHED project...but its been difficult to say the least. What I wouldn't do for a genie in a bottle right now!!!! For now...we are sitting and waiting for an estimate from the insurance and then we will go from there......
I will keep you updated as this story progresses...
HOPEFULLY it will progress quickly!!!

1 comments:

Jody and Jace Martin said...

Okay, I am SO with you on this!! We did some re-modeling when we bought our house last year, and still have some small projects we would like to do. I am always excited to get started on the projects, but find the process to be misserable!!! The only part I like is the end result. I am sorry you have to deal with the chaos for while, but it will be fun to see your end result!