Thursday, July 7, 2011

Merry July~

Halle and I drove to the top of Wolf Creek last week, hoping for a chance to see some beautiful wilderness. We got to see the beautiful wilderness alright....the only problem was, there was still so much of it covered in snow. I don't know whether to wish you a "Merry Christmas" or a Happy 4th of July (although the 4th is past...it wasn't when I took these pictures) YES...its JULY here in UTAH, you never know quite what to expect from year to year. One minute we wear Capri's and shorts, the next minute we are bundled up in parka's and wool socks...that's our "unpredictable weather", it always keeps us guessing....and we just roll with the punches.

Is that SNOW mom?!...yes, my child....its snow~

We saw this gorgeous green field in Tabiona, although...the water is supposed to be on the OTHER side of those tree's..LOTS of snow has meant flooding for us all~

The heavy snow pack has filled the lakes, streams and rivers...this is the "BLUE LAKE" which is on the drive up to the top of Wolf Creek...it's gorgeous, peaceful and calm.
Its a beautiful lake but I would have called it
"THE GREEN LAKE" if I were in charge of naming it...because its more green than blue...
just sayin~


As cold as it looks, it wasn't freezing. It was BRISK 67-70 degrees in most areas, so the snow was melting and water was running everywhere. It was so breath taking. There were wild flowers everywhere and everything so was SOOOOOO GREEN, it gave me the feeling of early spring...which me missed here in RURAL UTAH. We went from Winter to Summer, Spring got lost somewhere in there. I'm so thankful for this beautiful land we live in and that we get to enjoy. I love where I during this time of year!!!

0 comments: