Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The old, the colorful, the brown, the tattered......

Since my kids were just little tikes, I've always tried to incorporated some fun into summer . I try to make memories with them that will last a life time. Don't get me wrong....we don't party every day, we still have PLENTY of chores to do around the house and in the yard but we try to get those done during the week...so that on FRIDAY we can take a "field trip" and venture out into the big wide world to do something fun. We've done various types of activities...gone to the movies, gone fishing, we've gone on a lot of picnics, we've gone to the zoo, we've had "movie day" where we stay home and watch TONS of DVD's and eat popcorn all afternoon and we've gone swimming...we've just had a lot of fun over the years.

This year I'm down to ONE child that goes with me on "Field Trip Friday" (sometimes the other 2 will go, but most times not), so I have had to be a little more creative with what I plan because its not as much fun for the "ONE child" (especially when they are a teenager) when they are the ONLY one going (with mom)...but I do the best I can.

Last Friday I really just wanted to go for ride and see the flooding in our area. Halle (my daughter) said, "Ummmm... that sounds really boring", but she agreed to go with me anyway. I thought I would add a little "TWIST" to our journey so I decided that we would do a photo scavenger hunt along the way. I had a list of 20 things that we had to find and take pictures of. The only rule was...there had to be a human or an alive animal in the picture. I told Halle that we would stop several times along the way so that we could snap our pictures. WE...and I say WE (because it was both of us) had a BLAST! It was so much fun.......

...taking pics at our first stop~

...this was a picture of something with BRIGHT colors~

...a picture of something ROUND...yes that could be MY FACE, but its actually a picture
of the ROUND tire~

...something OLD....a roll of TP that had been under the snow
all winter (at least we're hoping that was why it was soaking wet)

...something BROWN...the lovely DEAD pine tree behind my head.

...AND something WHITE...YES, what you see is NOT a cement WALL, but
rather a WHITE WALL OF SNOW.

There was still piles of snow at the top of Wolf Creek. I had plans of walking around the campground when we reached the top of the mountain, but it was still closed with at least 3 feet of snow in front of the gates to get in. It was melting quickly, as there was water every where, but I was shocked to see the mounds and walls of snow still there (watch for pictures on my NEXT post). The weather was perfect. It was about 70 degrees. We laughed and had a wonderful afternoon....just the 2 of us!
Can't wait for this weeks "Field Trip Friday"!
(now to think of something to top last weeks adventure~)

0 comments: