Thursday, February 16, 2012

Antique?

I love "old" things...I have always had a fetish for antique's and things with a history. My decorating tastes tend to lean toward the "vintage" feel, although I have very few "real vintage" things...I just make/create things that "look" old, but aren't (someday if I ever have dollars to spare, I would love to collect antiques and decorate my house with them). I have a few things that I've inherited from my grandparents and I always like to share the story behind them with my kids...mainly because I want them to pass on the history of this stuff as it gets passed down from generation to generation...WITH THAT BEING SAID, the other day I was pulling dishes out of the cupboard and I told one of my children that this particular dish was something that I received from my grandpa when Deron and I were married. They said, in pure innocence and being as serious as ever, "Wow!!! So its an antique???".....UH NO, I'm not that old!!!! It's not an antique!!

Oh the FuNNy things kid's say!!!

0 comments: