It seems that my New Year's GOALS have already taken a nose dive....ONE of my most "looked forward" to goals this year was to "do something fun" as a family at LEAST once a month, and take pictures. If you follow my blog...you will notice...I've kind of been lacking on the "fun and entertainment" side of that goal (no pictures, nothing happening). When I set that particular goal, the object was to PLAN something exciting and fun and then spend time together as a family doing it...example: go to the movie, go the rec center, go for a drive somewhere warm, play games...you know, the normal (whatever normal is) kind of things. NONE of the above or anything of that kind, has happened at our house...Blahhhh!! We've been just doing the same ol' things pretty much day in and day out.....makes for a bit of a dull winter (which was what I was hoping to avoid!). Its hard planning and doing things when Cameron doesn't get out of practice until late, when we've all had long, tiring days and the weekends seemed to be filled with the last of the wrestling hoopla....maybe in a few weeks, when its all over, I will plan something that we can do to get us out of this rut and salvage my NEW YEAR'S GOAL (I will make that my NEW goal).
Even though winter in my little neck of the woods, has been dull and lacking in the "excitment" category, I've been trying all kinds of new recipes out (and making up a few of my own) to post on my recipe blog HERE . Most have been great success...although, there have been a few "NOT so great SUCCESSES" (but you won't ever see those, I keep all the failures "under wrap" NO since in "airing my dirty laundry") as well...sometimes things just don't turn out as good as the picture makes them look...other times they turn out better...I guess, you win some-you lose some!
Here are a few recipes that will be coming up soon~
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcake....LoVE
SINFUL Butterfinger Cupcakes....TOTALLY and completely sinful
Cheesy Chicken Taco Soup (woo hoo, one of my own creations)
and
Pizza Panini's...tastes like PIZZA on a sandwich...cool stuff!
Those are just a "few" of my fav's!
I was thinking the other day, since starting our recipe blog a few years back, my family rarely eats the same thing twice (other than leftovers) for months...as I'm always trying new things so that I have recipes to post. They don't seem to mind...but there are some days when I miss the simpleness of "taco's" and "spaghetti" 2-3x a week (which is the reason we started betterthanburgers.net so that I actually had to step out of my comfort zone...AND COOK)...I never had to look for a recipe, I just grabbed a bag of taco shells or box of noodles, fried up some meat, grated a little cheese and dinner was served...and often on a paper plate (now you see why that looks so appealing?)...as easy as that was/is, I love that I have so many fun new things to serve for dinner, so many choices and we NEVER get in a rut when it comes to eating/cooking...I could never go back to the "old" way of cooking, even though it was easier at times...it was very DULL! I like the challenge of finding new things my family will eat, making up my own yummy new creations and fixing QUICK meals that don't consist of the "same ol' thing" day in and day out. Through all this trial and error, fun and not so fun, successes and flops, I've discovered....I REALLY ENJOY COOKING (CLEANING UP my mess, is NOT included in the "enjoy" part of that thought). Although, as much as I enjoy cooking...its NOT entertaining...so I hope to get out of our RUT of "dull and boring" and do something fun as a family during this month of February...now that I've said that, maybe I will be more inclined to MAKE IT HAPPEN!





1 comments:
Maybe I should start a food blog so I can get out of my cooking rut! :) Better yet, I'll just look forward to those recipes of yours and be inspired by that.
Post a Comment