Sunday, April 15, 2012

Here come's Peter Cottontail...hopping down the bunny trail~

Since small "ecstatic children" no longer roam the halls of our "abode" and sleepy somber teens/adults have taken their place, we no longer have the "traditional" Easter Egg hunts at our house. We said "good-bye" to the sweet little candy filled colored plastic eggs being hidden in plain sight, carefully set on each one of the stairs, hiding on the bookshelves amongst the volumes of Charles Dickens and the Easter baskets hidden in the bedroom closets. That sneaky little Easter Bunny NOW hides clues outside around the yard, YES, in those "ever so famous plastic eggs". These fabulous little treasure hunt clues eventually lead these crazy kids to find their Easter Baskets full of treats (seriously, I don't think you should ever out grow an Easter Basket full of fun spring surprises and holiday candy).

At our house, the Easter Bunny comes Saturday morning...(Sunday is meant for a
celebration of the REAL meaning of Easter)...so there is really no reason to get dressed
and ready for the day BEFORE the hunt begins.
So.....come rain, snow or sun...the hunt is ON when the majority of the people are awake.
Mike made sure that everyone was up and ready to go...
HE WAS EXCITED...AND SO WAS I!!!!
IF you happen to be tardy or miss the hunt completely, you won't know where to find
your basket and someone else may end up stealing your goods!

Its best to stay with the group so that you can hear what the next clue happens to be....


It's usually only repeated once before the group is off hunting the next egg!

Some clues are very vague and leave you wondering "Where in the world would I find THAT?"

and NOPE...you won't find it in there....



...and so it goes until someone finds the last clue which leads
to where the Easter Bunny hid his load of
treasure this year~


"SCORE!!!!"

Leaving my pack of hula-guns happy and feeling as though it was worth their
efforts on a COLD April morn!

I have to say, I think I have SO much more fun watching them chase the clues than they could ever have with the treasure hunt itself...so maybe the treasure hunt is more for ME than my goofy crew...oh well, either way, its something we all look forward to (at least I do)....I don't know what I will do when they ALL leave home...maybe the Easter Bunny will have to hide SOMETHING BIGGER AND BETTER in the eggs and BRIBE them to come home...hmmmmm, its a thought!

0 comments: