Thursday, April 26, 2012

A little R & R.....for a few days at least

 Last week I got to take a few days away from "life" and run away to Dayna and Jack's for a little fun and relaxation! It was something I had wanted to do for quite some time, knew I needed to do...but just didn't have the time....BUT finally, I just decided that sometimes I  have to let the chips fall where they may, and leave...so thats what I did.  I got to sleep in (I guess 6:30 am is sleeping in?!) and get a little "retail therepy", took a Zumba class...which if you haven't tried, you should...if for nothing else other than to get an extremely good look at yourself LOOKING absolutely ridiculous (didn't help that I am one of the most UN-coordinated people in the world!). I drove around looking at all the beautiful blossoms and flowers that aren't quite as lustrous in my part of the state...it was a few days of peace, quiet and CALM...and its just what I needed.
Dayna and I had hoped that Kim could come up for a little "night out on the town", but school takes priority as finals are creeping up and we completely understood...but we went out on the town anyway. We went to the movie (The Vow), had a little Cafe Rio picnic and just had a GREAT night!
I am so glad that someone "invented" Cafe Rio...it is truly a little HEAVEN ON EARTH! 
I have to say that the few days I was at Dayna's was wonderful, 
although its never enough time no matter how long I stay. 
I miss seeing my kids that live far away, so its good that we can spend time together 
whenever the opportunity arises. 
NOW its BACK to the REAL world 
(with a few new things to make the REAL world a BETTER place for the time being)!

0 comments: