Getting ready to get our feet back on land...
It WAS COLD!! We brought rain coats and wore sweaters but it was still so so chilly!
We bought tickets for the "City Bus Tour" which took us all over Victoria. We were
able to get on and off the bus whenever we wanted so we could see whatever we wanted to see.
It was a great way to look around and still have a way to get from here to there.
As we were walking, we saw this adorable house...I had to snap a picture of it because
it was so "OLDISH" and QUAINT looking that I sort of fell in love with it. IF I HAD TO LIVE in Victoria, in the city...this could be my house~
WE walked up and visited this GORGEOUS Castle
(visiting a castle was on my bucket list...woo hoo, crossed it off)
It was amazing (YES, I realize I use that word alot...
but its an "amazing" word and it describes so much).
I didn't take too many pics of the inside because it was very poor lighting and even
my flash didn't make the pictures look very good...so I will only share pics of the outside.
My pictures make the castle look small and not as fabulous as it really was...but trust me, if you
ever go to Victoria...this is a must see!
After the castle we road the bus to...you guessed it, the ocean! We went down to feed the
seals and walk around. I was taken back by the sight of all these sailboats....It was just like you see in the movies...people scrubbing them down, hanging out on them and even living in them....
OH HOW I would have loved going
for a ride on one of them!!
The seals were adorable...seriously could have taken one home and let it play in my bathtub!
As soon as we walked out with the food they started doing tricks, clapping, doing flips, laying on their backs and swimming.....and all for the want of some stinky little minnows! BUT...
the seals loved them and we had a blast watching them play and entertain us so
they could eat!
Deron and I waiting for the taxi to come and pick us up and take us back to catch the ferry...I think we
were frozen in this picture...literally!
The ocean never fails to paint a pretty picture...this is what we saw as we walked off the ferry and
back to our motel to pick up our car...
...lucky us.
On our way back to Ocean Shores, where our resort was, we got to drive through
FORKS WASHINGTON (if you are a lover of the Twilight Movies...this has great significance...if not, its just another place on the map). Halle begged us to get her a souvenir from here
(YES, she is a Twilight lover).
The city was pretty much shut down for the night (we got there just before dark)...but
there was a nice grocery store still open so we went inside and found some
traditional "family" souvenirs...sweatshirts (we get sweatshirts most places that we go)...grabbed one for everyone and headed on down the road....
And so let it be written...Forks Washington is a real place!...we saw it with our own little eyes!
...to be continued ~





1 comments:
Fun! We went to Victoria when I was 12 or so and I'm pretty sure we went to that same castle!
Post a Comment