Thursday, January 31, 2013

SNoWmaNia........


SNOW..SNOW and more snow....
seems like its the weather mans favorite word lately. We got 8" of snow several weeks ago
that has just sat and crusted over in the icy cold temps...and now its snowing AGAIN....

I know that in the spring and summer months when the flowers are blooming and the
grass is green and the air smells like fresh cut alfalfa I will be thankful for 
the snow in January...but today, I just want to see the sun...feel the heat radiate from her rays 
and forget about the cold, gloomy grey skies outside!

 
The earth is  hibernating. The bushes look as though they are dead, the brown flower stems 
poke up from the ever frozen grown and the trees are left
to make me wonder if they will ever have green leaves on them again...
Winter is a quiet, cold time...with no color, no chirping sounds from the leafy tree tops
and no bubbling brooks...just quiet snow falling to the ground below. 

I watch the news and I'm grateful for the small, trivial amount of snow (although it doesn't feel that ways sometimes) that we are having right here....other parts of our state and country 
have PILES and piles of it...I really shouldn't complain!
The SUN WILL COME out tomorrow, right?!

0 comments: