Thursday, February 7, 2013

It only takes 6 months...but hey, its done~

I started working on these adorable posts back in July. I built them and glued them together....THEN they sat in my garage and collected dust until I painted them in September...then they sat and collected MORE dust until I brought them in my house at the end of December when I painted them ONCE AGAIN. You would think that would have been the last thing I had to do,  but I didn't like the look of them, they were so...PLAIN! So last week (after they collected dust ONCE again) I put an antiquing glaze on them and added the hardware....happy to say this was the last and final stage of my project and these beauties now adorn my hallway with a cute little grapevine wreath on the hook. I love them, don't know if its because they  took so long to complete or if its because they are REALLY that adorable...either way, they are a great accent to a boring hallway!

0 comments: