Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pinterest Test...Has Me Going "Banana's"~

I am addicted to Pinterest (along with thousands, maybe even millions, of other people)...I pin project after project that I want to make and create. I pin cleaning tips, crafts, quotes, paint colors, house decorating ideas, recipes, gardening ideas and kitchen tips~

THIS is one of the "kitchen tips" that I pinned and wanted to try out:

One of the pinners on pinterest said that if you put foil on the stem of the banana's it would slow down the ripening process..........SOOOOOOO, I bought 2 bunches of banana's, put foil on the top on one bunch and didn't put any on the second bunch. I left them in the exact same place and didn't do anything different with them...then watched to see what happned~ 



END result WAS: 
The banana's that had foil on the stem were approximately ONE DAY behind when it came to the ripening process. I didn't notice a big enough difference to continue to foil wrap the stem each time I bought banana's. It looked to me that the ones without foil got brown spots 1 day before the others....not a winner for me. I thought it would hold off  the spots by DAYS and that my banana's would last another week (maybe I'm just an optimist....hoping for miracles).

                                                 
It was a fun experience...BUT I wouldn't waste my "small amount of foil" or the "small amount of time" repeating the process! Am I glad I tried it??? YES....I'm always up for a good "trial"....Will I continue to try and test out other Pinterest tips??? YES....this banana trick must have worked for someone, but it didn't work for me. I have no doubt that there are other tips out there that I will love and be glad I tried...

Now back to the drawing board for something new to try out~

0 comments: