Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 3..The Alamo

Our resort was right downtown, right in the middle of EVERYTHING.
Day 3 was spent playing right in the middle of it all...first stop was the Alamo.
What an interesting place to visit....and the gardens were amazing.
There were several elementary schools (most likely from schools close by) that
were visiting the Alamo on the day we went. It was nice to know they were getting a little history
on their field trip!

Halle and I had fun walking around the gardens...I couldn't help but take picture
after picture of everything we saw, it was magnificent!

The squirrels were everywhere. They weren't afraid to walk right up by anyone that was walking by. They don't have squirrels that size in Utah...I really wanted to bring one home with me! 
Deron and Cam having some "resting time" as we "girls" ventured around outside.

Papaya???? 


The craziest tree I've ever seen...its branches come downward and then spread across
the ground, I've never seen anything like it before...and the size of that tree was ENORMOUS~
the picture doesn't do it justice!

Cactus were everywhere...so we had to do a little "funny" picture :)
Once again...EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas!
Its a TRUE STATEMENT!!
The four of us sitting by the wishing fountain...throwing pennies in...just for good measure!

Yep...a "tree hugger"~
I loved the gorgeous flowers (and everything else)that seemed to be 
everywhere...wished I could have packed them up and planted 
them in my yard.....San Antonio is such a pretty place!

0 comments: