Today was our last day in San Antonio...very bitter sweet. I'm happy that we were able to see and do all that we were able to~ to play, to laugh, to relax and to enjoy each other as a family...I'm just not sure I'm ready to pack up and head home...back to the "REAL" world of stress, work, laundry, dishes, cooking and weeding the garden! Vacations never seem to be long enough. The kids and I decided to head off for one final excursion before we had to head off to the airport. I wanted to walk (hike, as the kids said) down to "The Tower" and ride the elevator to the top and have a "look-see" across the land. We headed down the Riverwalk...one last time...in the direction of The Tower. Halle and I tried to "suck in" all the gorgeous scenery, animals, birds and GREEN that there was to see because we knew we were headed back to Utah...one of the "dessert" states...Cameron on the other hand moved his long legs at a very fast pace as to get to The Tower quickly so we could "be done" and head back home (I think he was ready to get back to work and life...)

Our walking was a "little ways" away, but it was so pretty that I hardly noticed...and regardless of what the kids complained about...I think they like it too!
We walked passed waterfalls....
passed tall Tiki men.....
passed adorable little squirrels....
snapped a few pictures....
until we FINALLY arrived at The Tower!!
what a sight to behold! It was PRETTY TALL for sure....taller than I had imagined, and
we planned on riding an elevator all the way to the TOP!
Getting in the elevator was both exciting and scary...it was on the OUTSIDE of the Tower, therefore
we got to watch the ground below get smaller and smaller as we moved closer and closer to the
top....breathtaking for sure!
Standing in front of the windows at the top of the Tower, out on the "look out", was cold and terribly windy, so we didn't spend very much time out there...
but the view of the city was amazing! I didn't realize just how
large San Antonio really was until we could see the entire city from way up high....VERY COOL!
A big storm was moving in to the city, and from what I hear (heard) it was going to
be an ugly one....so maybe it was a good thing we were leaving
when we were.............
So long San Antonio....we will miss you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment