Our 2 week summer project turned into a very LONG 5+ month project...BUT
I have to say, its been a great family experience. Everyone in the ENTIRE family
has put time and effort into finishing the deck...It was not just a "one man " accomplishment,
but the entire Wilkerson crew, in-law's and all, that pulled this off.
We absolutely ADORE IT!
Before it turned off cold, I ate breakfast out on the deck every morning...and we often
ate dinner out there too. I spent most evenings sitting out there, enjoying the sun go down
(can't see the "sun set" from this side of the house, but I can see that its getting darker), spent
Sundays (after church) out there reading a book or talking to family on the phone.
Its my favorite place to be!!
NOW that its turned off cold, I rarely go out there...but
I AM LOOKING forward to spending next spring and summer
planted out there...in my "peaceful" spot!
It started out with just a few "simple boards" and nails....
Cameron designed it and was the mastermind behind the entire deck~
The railing is a beautiful accent to the gorgeous deck...don't you think?!
We are still in the process of finishing the ramp...it needs another coat of deck
paint and the railing and then it will be complete...I don't know if it will all
transpire before the snow falls or if it will be nexts springs project...either way...we are
SOOOOOOOOOOO close to being done!
I'm so grateful for helping hands and hearts of all those who put their time
and talent into getting this done...many hands make light work!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment