Saturday, November 16, 2013

Please...Say It Isn't So?! Colors Are A Changin!

Over the course of the Fall months, I have traveled to the city off and on and had a 
chance to watch as the leaves changed from lustrous green shades of summer to the BRIGHT vibrant colors of autumn and then onto the dull faded shades before the colors completely disappear. 
I have a favorite little area that I like to frequent when I travel through
Daniels....I'v blogged about it before, Whisky Springs. I LOVE this place and try and stop there whenever
I possibly can. There is a little trail that goes up through the trees and then back down the hillside, it takes about 5-10 minutes TOPS to walk it. I love the closeness I feel with nature there! I love to sit on the 
bench at the top of the hill (yes, there really is a bench) and just listen to ABSOLUTELY nothing...its a gorgeous sound and such a peaceful sound. Makes me want to pitch a tent and stay 
awhile (but you can't camp there...only picnic) 

The RED leaves were gorgeous, but not as bright as they have been in years past...

I love fall....wished it lasted longer with all the gorgeous colors. What 
an amazing time of year!


The deep green colors, speckled with a hint of reds and greens and even some yellows....

I couldn't help but stare right at the sun peering through the clouds, it was amazing
and something I think I've only seen once or twice in my life that was this breath taking....and the picture doesn't do it justice!

As I walked down the path, out of the wooded hillside, I marveled at the beauty that 
I am blessed to be able to see each day...I think I could live in the mountains if they were this 
gorgeous all the time (winter comes, stays too long and I am not a fan). Whisky Springs closes for the winter and opens as soon as the weather clears up in the spring...I look forward to a picnic or 2 there next year and many hikes through the trees on the hill...until next year my Whisky Spring friend...OH how I shall miss thee!

0 comments: