Living in the Basin, between 2 canyons, means the wind blows JUST ABOUT
every single day, especially in the spring. The last few days have been
a tale of STRONG WINDS.....the kind that keep you inside, batten down the hatches and
hold on tight...............BUT Halle and I decided to go up to the lake and see
what it looked like up there. The waves were CRAZY (the pictures don't do them justice)! It was cold, but we decided to snap a few "funny" picutres as we watched the waves roll in.
The color of the lake was amazing!
In some places it was a gorgeous mint green....in others it was a deep turquoise...and some
it was a dirty chocolate milk color......
There were places that the waves were splashing WAY UP on the banks of the beach...the rocks
were covered with wet marks where the water was hitting them and then splashing...
Halle got to experience one of the back lashes of a rather large wave (big for the lake).
It was another fun, carefree Sunday afternoon.....
Since this is the closest I can be to the ocean (not close at all)...I'll have to take what I
can get!.....I would rather take pictures of the gargantuan ocean waves, but hey....
living in Utah....this is what we have......................Lakes!





0 comments:
Post a Comment